Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tha Vagabond Blogger

Let's see: it's the end of the semester, and I have a pile of student portfolios to grade . . . must be time to procrastinate with some blog housekeeping!

Welcome to the new home for Daffodil Dance. I'll still keep the old archives at http://daffodil-dance.livejournal.com/ (unless I find a way to move them over here), but new posts will be in this new home. Why? 1) It's the end of the semester and I need a project to distract me from grading. 2) Very, very few of my favorite people have LiveJournal accounts, which made it annoying for them to try to comment on the blog, and I hate it when my favorite people are annoyed. 3) I can sign in with my Google ID, so I don't need to remember multiple log-on names (you can sign in to comment with your existing IDs, too). 4) Once, when that creepy dude from high school (you read about him in my MySpace blog or my Facebook notes, very likely) was trying to proselytize me, I sent him a link to one of my LiveJournal blogs--I figured it was easier to let him read something I'd already written about my religious views rather than spend my time responding to him. But then creepy dude got creepier, and I don't like the idea of him reading my blogs and following my personal business.

(So what have we learned about Denise? She's a lazy procrastinator who hides from creepy dudes. But she also loves her people and wants to make it easier for them to follow her blog.)

Anyway, welcome and I'm glad you're here. I hope you enjoy reading about our fantastical journey through autism and other miscellany. Follow me and comment on my entries--I love hearing from you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dammit, quit callin' me creepy. Or I'll stop being courteous and hiding behind the door when you get up at night to get a drink or check the kids.

Unknown said...

What's the deal with creepy guy? I think I missed an interesting story.

Neese said...

It was Joe; he was trying to convert me to his evil form of Republicanism and I fought back.

Actually, it was a rather odd guy who went to my high school and my church when I was a kid--nothing the threat of involving law enforcement didn't cure.

Faith said...

hey Denise! I added you to my Google reader!

Neese said...

Yay! I just recently discovered Google Reader and have a major crush on it.