Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 11

Here's what my arm looks like now:

photo.JPG


You can barely see the remnant of the old bruises. Looking good!

Nick is so very happy. The medicine seems to have calmed his over-active sensory system. Today I vacuumed and he didn't run to hide in his room. May seem like such a simple thing, but for Nick it is huge.

Next week I'm going to try outings to places that stressed Nick out just a few weeks ago, like the lobby of Noah's camp. I think he's ready. Here's to hoping that the medicine makes those unbearable places bearable!

Thank you, all of you, for your support as we've opened this new chapter. I'm humbled by the hundreds of you reading and encouraging us. You strengthen me.

2 comments:

graceunderautism said...

I'm so glad to read that things have continued to go well. I missed a few posts last week, but to comment on your one about quality of life. I've always felt that by giving J meds I give him the chance to be more receptive to other therapies. I mean he can't react well in speech, OT, class time, etc if his brain is pinging in all directions and his anxiety and OCD bring on meltdowns.

Neese said...

Exactly. Our hab team is meeting next week to come up with new goals for Nick because the medicine has made him calm enough that he can take on new challenges. Taking medicine enables him to gain more from the fifteen hours of therapy he has each week.